- MRI Simulator - Simulates an MRI image of the brain based on user selected sequences and parameters including TR (time to repetition), TE (echo time), FA (flip angle), and TI (inversion time).
- Elbow Ossification Centers - As you scroll through elbow radiographs of children from 5 months to 11 years of age, the ossification centers appear in the order of the CRITOE mnemonic.
- Shoulder and Knee MRI Flashcards - Basic level.
- Musculoskeletal MRI Atlas
- Fellowship: Musculoskeletal Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, 2015
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, 2014
- Internship: Western Pennsylvania Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, 2010
- Medical School: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, 2009
- PhD: Biomedical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, 2007
- Master of Engineering: Computer Science, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 2001
- Undergraduate: Computer Science, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 2000
- G. Stetten, W. Weiser, D. Wang, J. Galeotti, D. Shelton, Combining Tomographic Images In Situ With Direct Vision In Sterile Environments, US Patent 8,211,020, issued July 3, 2012.
- Q. Wen, X. Jiao, F. Kuang, B. Hou, Y. Zhu, W. Guo, G. Sun, Y. Ba, D. Yu, D. Wang, F. Zhang, H. Qiao, S. Wang, S. Tang, H. Qiao, FoxO3a inhibiting expression of EPS8 to prevent progression of NSCLC: A new negative loop of EGFR signaling, EBioMedicine. February, 2019.
- S. Swan, I. Lennes, N. Stump, J. Temel, D. Wang, L. Keller, K. Donelan, A Patient-Centered Utility Index for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, MDM Policy & Practice, October, 2018.
- D. Wang, V. Deeney, J. Roach, A. Shah, Imaging of Physeal Bars in Children - A Pictorial Review, Pediatric Radiology, March, 2014.
- D. Wang, A. Ghodadra, R. Rasmussen, S. Tadros, Watch Your Child's Elbow Grow, Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting, November, 2013, Chicago, IL.
- D. Wang, S. Golla, C. Britton, Spectrum of Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis, Association of University Radiologists 61st Annual Meeting, Apr 9-12, 2013.
- D. Wang, B. Casagranda, K. Tung, C. Britton, Osteolytic Processes of the Hand and Wrist, Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting, November, 2012, Chicago, Illinois.
- K. Tung, D. Wang, C. Britton, The Many Faces of Fibrous Dysplasia: Its Features and Osseous Lesions it May Mimic, Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting, November, 2012, Chicago, Illinois.
- D. Wang, K. Tung, A. Haldipur, E. Kanal, Understanding MR Imaging Parameters, American Roentgen Ray Society Annual Meeting, May, 2012, Vancouver, Canada.
- D. Wang, A. Haldipur, E. Kanal, Mastering MR Imaging Parameters, Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting, November, 2011, Chicago, Illinois.
- N. Amesur, D. Wang, W. Chang, D. Weiser, R. Klatzky, G. Shukla, G. Stetten, Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Placement by Experienced Interventional Radiologist using the Sonic Flashlight, Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, 2009; 20: 1380-1383.
- D. Wang, R. Klatzky, W. Bing, G. Weller, A. Sampson, G. Stetten. Fully Automated Common Carotid Artery and Internal Jugular Vein Identification and Tracking using B-Mode Ultrasound , special issue on Neuroimaging in Geriatric Psychiatry, in IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 56, No. 6, June 2009.
- D. Wang, N. Amesur, G. Shukla, A. Bayless, D. Weiser, A. Scharl, D. Mockel, C. Banks, B. Mandella, R. Klatzky, G. Stetten, Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Placement with the Sonic Flashlight: Initial Clinical Trial by Nurses, Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, 28:651-656, 2009.
- D. Wang, Automatic Common Carotid Artery and Internal Jugular Vein Identification and Tracking for the Sonic Flashlight, Ph.D. dissertation, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, advisor G. Stetten, April, 2007.
- D. Wang, NB. Amesur, RL Klatzky, A. Bayless, B. Mandella, C. Banks, G. Shukla, G. Stetten, Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters by Nurses using the Sonic Flashlight , Clinical and Translational Science, UPMC, Pittsburgh, PA, May 17, 2007.
- D. Wang, NB. Amesur, D. Weiser, WM. Chang, AB. Zajko, G. Stetten. Improving Image Quality of the Sonic Flashlight for Venous Access. 107th annual meeting of the American Roentgen Ray Society, May 2007, Orlando, FL. Paper no. 1135. (oral presentation)
- D. Wang, NB. Amesur, D. Weiser, WM. Chang, AB. Zajko, G. Stetten. Improving Image Quality for the Sonic Flashlight in Sterile Procedures. The 57th Annual Convention of the American Medical Student Association, March 7-11, 2006, Washington, DC.
- D. Wang, R. Klatzky, N. Amesur, and G. Stetten, Carotid Artery and Jugular Vein Tracking and Differentiation Using Spatiotemporal Analysis, Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention (MICCAI 2006), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 4190, pp. 654-661.
- S. Clanton, D. Wang, V. Chib, Y. Matsuoka, G. Stetten, Optical Merger of Direct Vision with Virtual Images for Scaled Teleoperation, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG), Vol. 12, No. 2, March/April 2006.
- W. Chang, NB. Amesur, D. Wang, A. Zajko, G. Stetten. First Clinical Trial of the Sonic Flashlight - Guiding Placement of Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters, 2005 meeting of the Radiological Society of North America, November 2005, Chicago, Illinois. Paper Number SSJ03-02.
- D. Wang, R. Tamburo, G. Stetten, Cumulative Gaussian Curve Fitter for Boundary Parameterization, Technical report in special MICCAI 2005 Workshop on Open-Source Software issue of The Insight Journal.
- D. Wang, W. Chang, G. Stetten, Real-Time Ultrasound Image Analysis for the Insight Toolkit, Technical report in special MICCAI 2005 Workshop on Open-Source Software issue of The Insight Journal.
- D. Wang, B. Wu, G. Stetten, A Laser Needle Guide for the Sonic Flashlight, Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention (MICCAI 2005), Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- S. Clanton, D. Wang, Y. Matsuoka, D. Shelton, G. Stetten. Novel Machine Interface for Scaled Telesurgery, SPIE Medical Imaging, vol. 5367, pp. 697-704., San Diego, Feb. 2004
- Skeletal Radiology
- Osteoporosis International
- IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Informatics
Videos Illustrating Select Projects
- Sonic Flashlight - Video shows Sonic Flashlight being used on a blue gel phantom to guide needle placement into a simulated vessel. Video also shows Sonic Flashlight being used on an upper arm, showing underlying muscular structures. .
- Carotid artery and jugular vein tracking (video 1) and (video 2) - Videos show automatic identification, tracking, and color labeling of the common carotid artery and internal jugular vein in real-time ultrasound scanning.
Email: d a v i d @ w a n g m d . c o m